Otalia On Your iPod
Sure you can download on iTunes.
However, I'd like to explain how you can put these nice little YouTube fan creations on your iPod or computer before they get removed ;-)
Think me weird, but I just love watching them on my TV or iPod, and I want my own playlist!
So here's the example of "Otalia - I'm in love with you (Olivia's confession)".
How to put "Otalia - I'm in love with you" on your iPod
If you use Firefox as a browser:
- Install the Firefox addon "Downloadhelper", either by downloading it from the Mozilla website or by clicking on Tools > Addons > Download addons > Downloadhelper in Firefox itself. A
little bubbly icon will appear in the browser tool bar. Any time a video can be downloaded, the icon is animated.
- In YouTube, go to the video you wish to download, in this case "Otalia - I'm in love with you". You can see a small triangle at the right of the animated downloadhelper icon now.
- Click on this arrow to open the download menu. You can now select directly a file to download (the normal quality file and in HQ). The file will be downloaded as .flv, or as .mp4 (which is the
iPod format) if you choose [HD18].
Note: If the video isn't available in HD, you have to convert the file, ex. on http://media-convert.com/convert!
Download the video online directly to your PC:
You can also download a little program:
- A number of programs to convert directly from YouTube to iPod are available on the internet, such as Free-Youube-to-iPod-Converter.
- Install it on your computer and enter the URL of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bhNHFR9cew. You will get
"Otalia - I'm in love with you.mp4" as output file.